Independent Living Services:
- Transport/Hire of Minibus, Wheelchair Vehicle, Wheelchair and other similar equipment: Taking people to medical appointments or other appointments with wheelchair transport if required. We suggest contributions towards cost of transportation on application. Vehicle/equipment hire rates to be agreed on booking.
- Shopping – one to one and fortnightly trips: If you need a helping hand, company or transport to local shops or supermarket we can help and accompany you. £6.50 per half hour – £13.00 per hour this includes transport to the shops and home again with your shopping. Start Time: 9am onwards Finish time: 16.00pm Monday – Friday Only. Regular fortnightly trips on alternate Tuesdays to Sainsbury’s or Tesco: £4.50 per trip Start Time: 9am onwards Finish time: 1.00pm
- Nail Service: Held at Rydon House in Topsham, various GP surgeries or home for the less able- bodied. (£12 one-off first payment for clippers; £8 for each clinic booking, £13 for most home visits.) Start Time: 9.15am onwards Finish time: 16.00pm Monday – Friday Only
- Telephone contact, befriending, emotional support & pastoral care: Daily or weekly calls from a volunteers or member of staff for people who would like a friendly chat or bit of social contact and/or find it difficult get out. Pastoral care and emotional support from Rev. Louise Grace of St. Margaret’s Church; to book an appointment ring Rev. Louise direct on 01392 873188 or 07779 585908
- Information on entitlement for government allowances: Help with completing forms for those who are unsure of their entitlements to benefits such as Attendance Allowance.