Estuary League of Friends would like to thank everyone for the fantastic turn out on Friday 5th July 2019 to help celebrate our 1st Year Anniversary in the new premises, and the Deputy Lieutenant of Devon, Patricia Southby-Tailyour JP, for officially opening the Hub.
Estuary also felt honoured to have founding members, Francis Luscombe and Mary Darnley-Smith, present to cut the cake in The Bradbury Cafe. The food was beautifully prepared by our Chef, Sarah, and we toasted the achievements of everyone involved with a glass of champagne. Here’s to a fun packed 2nd Year in the heart of Topsham
Please if you wish to donate or make payments by card you may click on the PAYPAL button and make secure card transactions to Estuary League of Friends.
Thank you to all who donated in the BIG GIVE Challenge. We are delighted to confirm that we raised a fantastic total of £22,500 and have placed this into our community hub building fund.
Please remember that you can still donate either through BIG GIVE website – BT Donate – or direct to the Charity.
Last year, 165 local people took time out of their busy schedules to help The Estuary League of Friends provide services and activities that were a lifeline to others in the community. We are hugely indebted to all our volunteers who together provide over 12,000 hours of service annually.
Volunteering your services to help others is not just hugely satisfying, it can also teach you new skills . If you’re retired with time on your hands why not help out? If you’re looking for a career change, preparing to return to work or bag your first job, volunteering with Estuary can really strengthen your CV and job chances.
Could you help us to help others in the community? We are currently looking for volunteers in these areas:
- Estuary ARNI Stroke Rehab Club Volunteers: You will assist our qualified ARNI instructor in helping people to rebuild following a stroke. This role will be needed from July 2018 and would be suitable for anyone with an interest in supporting people recovering from stroke and brain injury in this specialist training programme.
- Community Hub Meet & Greet: Estuary is building a new Community Hub which will open this summer. Could you be part of a friendly and supportive team of volunteers who welcome visitors in the Reception area, advising them of activities, events and services provided in the Hub and show visitors around as and when required? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Community Café: The new Community Hub will be home to a Community Café open to the general public and from which Estuary will deliver Lunch Club, Estuary Lunches and cater for special events. The café volunteer team will work alongside Estuary staff and perform a variety of tasks to ensure the Café is a friendly place to visit.
- Library Volunteers: Join a great team of volunteers who support the Librarians in Topsham Library. We are looking for local people who can assist with providing group activities including Lego Club, Bounce & Rhyme, Arts & Crafts and Reading Groups and who can provide support to cover holidays, absences and any vacated rotas.
- Drivers: Help take our clients to and from medical appointments, or sometimes on non-medical trips. We offer a standard mileage rate to cover your fuel and vehicle costs.
- Retail Assistants: Our charity shops provide vital income to Estuary through the sale of donated items from books and clothes to artifacts and furniture. Full training is offered to volunteers.
- Help at Home: With our help, you can provide friendly, practical support around the house to clients and much-needed breaks to family members who are full-time carers.
Call us today on 01392 879009 to find out more about how you can get involved.
If you or your family or friends ever shop online, there is a very easy new way of supporting Estuary League of Friends.
The charity is now registered with www.easyfundraising.org.uk which, as its name suggests, allows us to raise funds from our supporters. It’s very simple:
- go online (ask a friend to do this for you if you like);
- then click on the ‘find a cause’ link and select Estuary League of Friends.
It really is that simple. If you then shop via the easyfundraising site (buying things from well-known firms like John Lewis or Amazon) we will receive a small donation from the shop you use.
In return, you also receive special offers, so both you and the charity should benefit.