Estuary League of Friends is part of the community thanks to the services it offers to those in need but also because so many local people give time to help provide those services.
We are hugely indebted to our volunteers who provide over 12,000 hours of service annually.
Volunteering your services to help others is not just hugely satisfying, it can also teach you new skills – and it does not only benefit older people with time on their hands. Volunteering can add vital elements to the CV of younger people, too, and many people who have given time to help with Estuary have gone on to become staff members, too.
Have you considered helping us? We are always in need of volunteers in these areas:
- Library Volunteers: So if you have some spare time and would like to support the staff at your local library and if you like meeting new people or are looking to do something different, we may have just the experience for you.
- Drivers: these help take our clients to and from medical appointments, or sometimes on non-medical trips. We offer a recommended mileage rate to cover fuel and vehicle costs;
- Retail Assistants: our charity shops provide vital income to Estuary through the sale of donated items from books and clothes to artifacts and furniture. We offer full training;
- Help At Home: we offer practical support and befriending, providing help around the house to clients and often giving much-needed breaks to full-time family carers. If you have time available to undertake this for Estuary, please let us know;
- Fund-Raising: We are seeking more funds for day-to-day work and larger projects, from individuals and local businesses. We welcome all those with experience and ideas;