Last year, 165 local people took time out of their busy schedules to help The Estuary League of Friends provide services and activities that were a lifeline to others in the community. We are hugely indebted to all our volunteers who together provide over 12,000 hours of service annually.
Volunteering your services to help others is not just hugely satisfying, it can also teach you new skills . If you’re retired with time on your hands why not help out? If you’re looking for a career change, preparing to return to work or bag your first job, volunteering with Estuary can really strengthen your CV and job chances.
Could you help us to help others in the community? We are currently looking for volunteers in these areas:
- Estuary ARNI Stroke Rehab Club Volunteers: You will assist our qualified ARNI instructor in helping people to rebuild following a stroke. This role will be needed from July 2018 and would be suitable for anyone with an interest in supporting people recovering from stroke and brain injury in this specialist training programme.
- Community Hub Meet & Greet: Estuary is building a new Community Hub which will open this summer. Could you be part of a friendly and supportive team of volunteers who welcome visitors in the Reception area, advising them of activities, events and services provided in the Hub and show visitors around as and when required? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Community Café: The new Community Hub will be home to a Community Café open to the general public and from which Estuary will deliver Lunch Club, Estuary Lunches and cater for special events. The café volunteer team will work alongside Estuary staff and perform a variety of tasks to ensure the Café is a friendly place to visit.
- Library Volunteers: Join a great team of volunteers who support the Librarians in Topsham Library. We are looking for local people who can assist with providing group activities including Lego Club, Bounce & Rhyme, Arts & Crafts and Reading Groups and who can provide support to cover holidays, absences and any vacated rotas.
- Drivers: Help take our clients to and from medical appointments, or sometimes on non-medical trips. We offer a standard mileage rate to cover your fuel and vehicle costs.
- Retail Assistants: Our charity shops provide vital income to Estuary through the sale of donated items from books and clothes to artifacts and furniture. Full training is offered to volunteers.
- Help at Home: With our help, you can provide friendly, practical support around the house to clients and much-needed breaks to family members who are full-time carers.
Call us today on 01392 879009 to find out more about how you can get involved.